This is amazing!
For the first time in history, the entire sutta pitaka is available for free in the English language.
The collection released includes the highly respected and complete Pali English Dictionary, as well as several other works previously not found anywhere on the internet.
Thanks to the work of Michael Olds, who over the years has digitized PTS works for his own comparative research, many of the works are now immediately available online at obo.genaud.net. The announcement there has more details and links:
I will be posting scanned images of each work as they become available in both git repository and as ZIP archives. Please contact me if you would like to help add to the collection of scanned works, convert these to digital texts, or do proofreading (a great way to study the Dhamma in depth!).
This is the list of newly released titles:
- The Dialogues of the Buddha (Three Volumes)
- The Middle-Length Discourses of the Buddha (Three Volumes)
- The Kindred Sayings (Five Volumes)
- The Book of the Gradual Sayings (Five Volumes)
- The Pali English Dictionary
- The Psalms of the Early Buddhists
- Points of Controversy
- The Buddhist Manual of Psychological Ethics
- The Jataka Stories